Sunday 2 October 2016

What a fantastic week!!! I have had some fabulous orders coming in this week that I am really looking forward to making. Especially the Pretty Little Liars cake I have been commissioned to make as I am a huge fan of the show myself and it will give me an excuse to re watch the series (purely for research purpose only ;-) ) Also really looking forward to a wedding cake we just took order for to be made in February next year to include a top tier pillow cake finished with handmade sugar bride and groom crowns on top.
I had the huge pleasure of connecting family members from across the seas this week with an order from some American parents wanting to send some devilish treats to their daughter Katie who lives over here in the UK. I created some Halloween gluten free cupcakes for Katie and delivered them to her place of work as a surprise, with handwritten note with a message from her parents.

I have had 2 lovely wedding cake consultations at our studio this weekend with our couples trying some of our fabulous flavours such as Sicilian lemon, Rhubarb & Custard and Cherry Bakewell to name just a few. We managed to finalise details and flavour choices whilst having a nice chat and some cake what better way to spend a Saturday morning.


My week was finished off rather nicely with 2 lovely reviews. One on our Facebook page from one of our brides Kirsty. I made her wedding cake for 25th August (2016) at Vaulty Manor – 
For our wedding in August I wanted to be a real life princess for the day. And as all princesses need a castle that’s what I asked for and we were delivered the most beautiful princess castle just what I asked for. We opted for the rhubarb and custard for the princess castle and a vanilla sponge cutting cake in case we needed more and both flavours were hit especially the rhubarb and custard :-) Would recommend a million times over to anyone who asked”
In the post I also received this lovely letter and photo from Ian and Lynn. I made the wedding cake for 3rd September (2016) at Leez Priory -  
“Dear Sarah, Thank you so much for providing the cakes for our wedding, they were excellent. Thanks also for sourcing the stand and adding our bows. Our guest were very complimentary, the ‘Bakewell’ being a particular favourite! Thank you for your suggestions at the initial cake tasting and for listening to our requests. Your professional no fuss approach made it very easy. We are looking forward to another occasion when we need your services! With sincerest thanks and best wishes, Ian and Lynn”


No comments:

Post a Comment